WMA-Dacians

A journal of my collecting, painting and the games I play with my growing Warmaster Ancients Dacian Army in 10mm minatures

Name:
Location: Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Forward my bold warriors


Well the first of the 8 units of warriors is done, i'm getting much quicker at them now.

The warrior units have got standards, dracos, in them and I debated whether to put them in the front rank or second. I settled on the second in the end as being in the front rank would both displace a lowered spearman, which comprised most of the figures, and make it easy for the enemy to steal it. The unit also has a few ancient Spanish scrutari into break up the second rank models, which are unipose. Nothing like a bit of varitation.

Well here they are; sorry the pictures are a bit rubbish, the light was bad.

Next on with more warriors.


3 Comments:

Blogger FR1DAY said...

I've still got three characters, eight infantry units and two cavalry units to do so i'm almost half way now. Only got another month of rugby so hopefully i'll get them done soon.

Saying that i's still like to do some more warhammer Empire stuff for the Dutch GT, more cavalry and infanty units for my Middenheimers. I'd better chain my self to the painting table.

12:59 AM  
Blogger Boothdom said...

Hi Ad,

Been a while hasn't it? (Although i can't really talk) How's it all comming along?

Was thinking, would like to see any army shot if you could do one. To show how much you have done. I reckon it must be pretty imposing already!

Cheers,

Dom

3:35 AM  
Blogger FR1DAY said...

I'm half way throught the next warrior unit ATM, will finsh tonight.

It's been the rugby thats slowed me down, we've got the cup run on, semi this weekend. We had a social event last weekend and I cooked for 120 people which took all my afternoons from Wednesday onwards. All over soon and it'll be warhammer time all the time.

4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home