WMA-Dacians

A journal of my collecting, painting and the games I play with my growing Warmaster Ancients Dacian Army in 10mm minatures

Name:
Location: Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The first units


The first units I painted for the army were the skirmishers. The Pendraken army deal didn't include any, and I knew I wanted some, so I ordered a pack of Germanic Javalinmen from Militum Magister while the army deal made it's way to me. The Javalinmen arrived the next day no less so I got cracking on them.

The pack included 30 miniatures so with these I split them down to two units of three stands. This gave 5 men per base, the usual being 8. This had the dual effect of making the skirmishers stand out from the warrior units and being economical.

I've painted each shield individually, a thing I may regret later, but just stuck to my base pallet.


The bases are some old GW fantasy bases I had knocking around. They've been sanded, painted scorched brown, then drybrushed with bleached bone. They have patches of static grass and scatter foam.

Next the Rholoxani skirmishing cavalry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home